Sunday, November 21, 2010

Finally....A New Post!




I know a few of you have been wondering....when in the world is this girl going to get a new post up??? Well.....here it is. Lots have happened in the last seven months. So, here it goes! Jarom turned 10. I can't believe how time flies by! Kaylee turned 5, and she is still a pistol as ever! Azelynn turned 2, and Blair turned 1. It seems like yesterday that they were all just babies, but they have to grow up sometime. They sure are a joy to have in our home. Next I think the biggest accomplishment....I FINALLY finished my degree! WAHOO!! Yes, after 10 long years, I finally received by bachelors degree in business management. I'm so proud of myself for sticking it out and not giving up! The next best thing...is I landed a great job as a claims adjuster for MetLife Insurance Company. Now, I'm so grateful that I was able to get such a wonderful good paying job, but at the same time I'm so sad to leave the kids. I have been home for 18 months, and I have loved every minute of it! I wouldn't change it for the world. I really hated staying at home when I first quit work after I had Blair, but now it's going to be really hard going back to work for 8 hours a day. I know that everything happens for a reason, and I would not have gotten this job if it was not meant to be. I contemplated applying for this job for 2 weeks. I finally got up the nerve to go ahead and apply, and thought if I get it great and if I don't that's okay too. Well, not even a week later they called me for a phone interview, then a few days after that, I was called in for a face-to-face interview. Everything just fell into place, and I knew this is what was meant to be. This company seems like a great organization to work for. They have wonderful benefits, 401K, sick leave, and even have tuition reimbursement. I start December 6th. I'm excited, nervous, and scared. I know I will do fine, but it's just the thought of starting a new job in a new environment. I have more posts coming...I didn't want to bombard you all with a huge long post, so I'll do it little by little! lol. Wish me luck! ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Good luck sister! This is a great opportunity for you and your family....take the bull by the horns baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is SOOOOO about time! Congrats again on the new job and a much HECK YEAH for graduating!!! You will do wonderfully at the new job and I can't believe that the kids are sooo big and growing up, they age us lol I hope everything else is well with you all and happy Thanksgiving, luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you! I can't believe you're working again!! I miss you guys and please tell everyone hello for me :)

    ReplyDelete