Monday, February 22, 2010

Blue & Gold 2010


Jarom received his citzenship beltloop

Jarom's Blue and Gold this year was on February 16, 2010. The theme this year was, 100 years in scouting. Every year they have all the boys make cakes, and bring them to the Blue and Gold dinner. Usually they have the dad's help make the cake, but can you see Jesse making a cake?? I didn't think so! lol. So, like always I take it upon myself to make the cake. This year I had the cutest idea. Not to say the least, it wasn't very easy to make. This was my first attempt with fondant. It looks so easy on the food network, but actually it is quite hard. The first time I rolled out the yellow fondant for the bottom cake, it looked great but, it was too short on one side. So, I had to peel it off and start again. I tried and tried to get this dang cake perfect. After a few words flew out of my mouth, Kaylee comes in and says, "Mom maybe you should call Cake Boss, he could help you make the cake!" Can I just say, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! It was quite an adventure to finish this cake, but I was pretty impressed with the finished result. Jarom didn't win, which I was really bummed about, but next year, we'll make it even better! We had fun making it, and that's what counts!




3 comments:

  1. WOW!! Great job! I would never be able to do that. You're such a good mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fond. is hard isn't it?! Keep at it tho and soon it will seem like a "piece of cake" lol tell Jarom Good job for us! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your cake rocks! You should've won something! :)

    ReplyDelete